Embedded Systems Training
- ARM, Cortex M3 microcontrollers
- Arduino UNO/Nano microcontrollers
- Microchip PIC Microcontrollers
- Raspberry Pi. B Model
- Embedded C/C++ C/C++ Compiler e.g Kiel-C, Kiel UVision5
- ARM online compiler/Arduino Software IDE/ Microchip MpLAB IDE
- Proteus Professional, Multism, Utiliboard
- Tera Term, Cool term, serial monitor, etc.
- Embedded Python & Java
BASIC AND INTERMEDIATE Courses
The Embedded System, its characteristics and examples. Review of the microprocessor and introduction to microcontroller. Microcontroller architectures, memory map, instruction set.
2. Microcontrollers Core, Memory, and Architectures
Microcontroller Architectures, e.g. ARM Cortex-M3, Memory Technologies: review of technologies applicable in embedded environment.
3. Sensors Interfacing I: Digital and Analogue Input/Output
Review of digital I/O, InfraRed PIR Motion Sensor, techniques of analogue I/O, Data Acquisition – resolution and accuracy, ADCs, PWM sources and applications. Interfacing to power devices, dc and stepper motors, dc sources, servos etc, Piezo Buzzer, TruOpto Light Dependent Resistor (LDR), LM335AZ - Temperature Sensor, LCD Display, Ultrasonic Module HC-SR04 Distance Sensor and One Wire Digital Temperature Sensor - DS18B20
4. Data Communications
Serial Ports, Review of simple serial protocols, e.g. SPI, I2C bus. Overview of advanced and high reliability data links, eg CAN bus.
5. Dealing with Time
Interrupts and their structures, latency, priorities, overview of complex counter/timer structures and their applications
6. Software Development
Survey of embedded C, C++, Software Design. Structured software design. Challenges of applying C to embedded environment. Typical C compilers. Safety conscious C. Overview of multitasking. The Real Time Operating System (RTOS): tasks, priorities, scheduling.
1. Power Supply, Processing and Management
Supply management. Brown-out and reset issues. Design for Low Power: power supply and management in a power conscious environment. Features of a low power microcontroller and their application, optimization through use of Sleep and Idle modes, and clock switching, Low power circuit design.
2. Internet of Things (IoT)
How the Next Evolution of the Internet Is Changing Everything, IoT as a Network of Networks, Online and Offline Embedded systems, WIFI, People and Things Connecting to Internet, Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN) etc
3. Advance Communication
Advanced and high reliability data links, e.g. CAN bus, LIN bus. Physical limitations on data links e.g. Ethernet, USB etc. Internet-linked embedded systems.
4. Cut-edge Technology in embedded Systems
Advanced Languages Survey - Java Application on embedded Systems, Multitasking and its relative merits in embedded environment. The Real Time Operating System (RTOS) etc
5. Sensors Interfacing II: Digital and Analogue Input/Output
- i. Humidity, Dew point and Temperature Sensor (DHT22)
- ii. Ultrasonic Range Finder Srf05 & Srf08
- iii. Ultrasonic Transmitter/Receiver
- iv. Infrared Receiver Module
- v. HC-05 Wireless Bluetooth RF Transceiver Module serial.
- i. ARM Controller + Bluetooth: SM-RN RN42 module data serial transfer (M2M)
- ii. ARM Controller + LinkSprite JPEG Infrared Color Camera TTL Interface: Capture high pixel images and save into flash memory
- iii. Network ARM Controllers using I2C protocol
- iv. Networked ARM Controllers using CAN protocol
- v. ARM Controller + EasyVR Shield 2.0: Voice Recognition Shield, voice programmed into controllers and use for automation.
- vi. ARM Controller + RN-XV WiFly: IoT (WIFI data transfer)
- vii. ARM Controller + Ethernet: IoT
- viii. PIC 18f + Bluetooth: Windows App – interfaces with PC (Laptop) GUI to control and monitor devices. PIC RF Solutions with Bluetooth Module TOOTHPIC-V2
- ix. Arduino + 1Sheeld – Mobile Automation - integrated plugin on Android smartphone for control of devices with your phone and Arduino; features LCD Screen, Gyroscope, Switches, LEDs, Accelerometer, Magnetometer, GSM, Wi-Fi, GPS… etc